After your free consultation, all new site design services are $175.00 for the initial design of your site template (A one page site is considered a ‘brochure’ site). Keweenaw Graphics Web Design will work with you to create the web site you need until we get it just right! Each additional page based on the original template will be $30 per page. Example: A five page template-based site will cost $295.00. Hosting fees and domain registration are extra. We prefer to register your domain for you. If you already have a domain, we can help you move the domain or move it out of ‘parked’ status, if necessary. Basically sites can be created in one of three ways:
1. Traditional html website (allows you to edit if you know html and have editing software)
2. Content Management System (allows you to edit easily with your browser)
3. E-commerce website (requires a shopping cart and you can edit/add items yourself)
Non-profit organizations (churches, church groups, youth groups, charitable organizations, etc) are charged $35.00 per hour for web design. To fall into this category you must qualify for exemption from federal corporate income taxes under Sections 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
If you plan to accept online donations, your organization needs to be at least six months old, provide a voided check from your organization and provide written proof of non-profit status to process credit cards through PayPal.
Shopping carts allow you to sell items online with a credit card transaction. Not everyone will need this, but for those that do, there are shopping carts that handle everything from forwarding the total transaction amount to a secure payment Gateway, to tax and shipping calculation, product fulfillment, and inventory management, etc.
Keweenaw Graphics Web Design will add a shopping cart to your site for $35 per hour. Generally, shopping carts take about 4-6 hours to set up depending on how many products you need to start with. We will teach you how to add products yourself to your shopping cart. Photography can also be done by Keweenaw Graphics at $35 per hour. In order to accept credit cards online, you will need a Merchant Account and/or a PayPal account to process the transactions. Extra fees are charged by the Merchant Account Gateway and/or by PayPal.
E-commerce enabled sites will be charged $35 per hour for shopping cart set-up, above and beyond the site design fees. It is usually easiest for both of us to talk in advance if e-commerce is needed so we are both on the same page and there are no surprises.
Minor updates for a new site (link additions, minor text additions/changes) are done at no additional charge for three months after launch date. Maintenance after three months will be billed at $35.00 per hour. Major changes (page or site redesign, page additions) after the initial three months will be charged based on the job to be done - page additions based on the original template will be charged at the $35 per page price; a complete site redesign will be charged based on the new site design fees. Prices are subject to change without notice. Of course you will have the ability and are more than welcome to maintain your own website at no charge, if your site is set-up with a Content Management System.
All sites include:
• submission to major search engines/industry directories not covered by your host.
• use of your own logo, images and/or custom graphics.
• unlimited text (number of words) provided electronically. Manually entering text from a hard copy will be billed at an hourly rate of $35.00 per hour.
• upload to your host server
• assistance with domain name registration and choosing a host server
• scanning up to 5 images, 6 or more at $5 each.
• site maintenance for sites designed by Keweenaw Graphics Web Design is provided free for the first three months after launch date. Maintenance fees after the first three months are billed at a rate of $35 per hour.
Design prices do not include fees charged by your ISP, Hosting fees or Domain name registration. These fees are charged separately and are the responsibility of the client.
A deposit of 50% is required for new site or redesign work to commence.